The year we are once again partnering with World Vision Canada to discuss another important issue: Water. Globally 663 million people do not have access to clean water. We take for granted how easy it is to access water in our daily lives. We go to the bathroom, the kitchen even out outdoor taps in the summer to access water quickly and easily. That is not the case for millions of families around the world. World Vision Canada has taken on a 5 year project to invest $400 million to help tackle the global water crisis. The goal is to provide accessibility to clean water!
World Vision asked a few Canadian influencers to take the World Vision Water Challenge and see if their families could go with minimal use of water in one day… one day. You can read more about how Merry Spooner Kuchle of Merry About Town did the one tap all day challenge with her family or how Tammy of In R Dream did the World Vision water challenge with her family of six! Read more about her experience here: Opening Our Eyes. A couple more will also have stories to share before the part
We all have the ability to make a change even in incremental ways. We would love for you to join us to learn more about The World Vision Water Challenge May 3rd at 8 p.m. EST.
Date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Time: 8 pm ET
Hosts: @inkscrblr @WorldVisionCan @linkedmoms and @DownshiftingPRO
A few more facts about World Vision Canada Clean Water gifts:
- Clean Water gifts range from $25 to $50 a month and they make a dramatic impact.
- Every minute a child under five dies from diarrhea related to contaminated water.
- Children lead healthier lives and child death rates dramatically decrease due to a decline in diseases caused by unclean water, poor sanitation and lack of hygiene
- When children and families have access to clean water, it transforms every aspect of their lives. Together with improved sanitation and proper hygiene, clean water brings real change.
- Sustainability is a goal for WVC projects.
- World Vision provides more people with clean water than any other NGO.
We hope to see you there May 3rd at 8 p.m. EST. And please take a moment to visit http://www.worldvision.ca/
Remember the hashtag #worldvisionwater and stay tuned for more information about this important topic. Please consider how you can make an impact on someone else’s life with the gift of clean water.